Find the answer to your Linux question:
Downloaded Linux XP from the web, but had no idea that it was in Russian! Can anyone find a link to an English version? Much appreciated....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux XP Anglais!

Downloaded Linux XP from the web, but had no idea that it was in Russian! Can anyone find a link to an English version? Much appreciated.

You could learn Russian

Sorry but I'm not under the impression that you did try to find it yourself. The way you are asking questions here makes me wonder where I can send the support bill to. Mandrake/Mandriva is a good distribution to start with.
    I\'m so tired .....

Linux Engineer
    According to Distrowatch, LinuxXP appears to be dormant. Your quest for an English version is probably not a good one. As has already been suggested, there are many other distributions out there that are very good and easy to use for the Linux novice.
    Registered Linux user #384279
    Vector Linux SOHO 7

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast

Re: Linux XP Anglais!

Quote Originally Posted by digital-catalyst
    Downloaded Linux XP from the web, but had no idea that it was in Russian! Can anyone find a link to an English version? Much appreciated.
    Where did you download it from? Did you check it's website?

When I looked here, I read this:
    Linux XP is already a leading Linux distribution in Russia. Based on Fedora Core technology it maintains 100% RedHat packages compatibility and broadens its power by implementing new design concepts and new challenging technologies.
    Would it be more wise to go for Fedora ??

Linux User
    I think ther was an april fools joke about a "Linux XP" that was exactly like windows, and when he looked for it, found this russian distro

go for an english distro, as the real linux xpo is dormat. i would suggest fedora or suse, as both are easy to learn, and available online for free

Just Joined!

Linux XP In English

Hi Everyone

Linux XP does in fact also come in English, I have a copy, but cant remember where I downloaded it, if I find the link I will let you know.

The only problems with this distro is
    A - You only get 95-99 boots before you have to register / buy license.
    B - Do you remember the good old days of windows 95/98, and when XP came out you could get a theme to make 95/98 look like XP ? Well Linux XP is a mixture of 95/98 with the menu bar of XP and the folder icons of win 3.x

I wasnt that impressed with this distro purely for the purpose of "B" above, if they had kepted to one look and feel, rather tham mimicking 3 versions of windows, maybe I would have liked it more.

But seeing as its based in Fedora Core, I have installed Fedora Core 5 on my laptop and it looks and works just fantastic.