Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently installed the new Mozilla under the /usr/local/mozilla/ directory. The binary file is called mozilla. I have edited the the menu so that the work path is "/usr/local/mozilla" and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

KDE Menu

I recently installed the new Mozilla under the /usr/local/mozilla/ directory. The binary file is called mozilla. I have edited the the menu so that the work path is "/usr/local/mozilla" and the command is "mozilla." Whenever I click this icon, it states that KDE couldn't find the binary file mozilla. What am I doing wrong?
    The best things in life are free.

Linux Engineer
    try
    Code:
    whereis mozilla
    i doubt the binary is in /usr/local/mozilla

its probably in /usr/bin

Linux Engineer
    Acutally, the binary IS in /usr/local/mozilla. The installer for mozilla1.4 put EVERYTHING inside this directory. I can run /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla from the command line without any problems.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    If upi entered the command as just mozilla, then it won't find it unless you add /usr/local/mozilla to your PATH, right? Try to create a symlink in /usr/local/bin that points to /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla or something like that.

Linux Engineer
    I managed to just put /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla under the command tab and it's working fine. Thanks for the help.
    I do have another questio regarding this setup. I'm really not very comfortable with leaving /usr/local/mozilla. I'd like to move things around but I'm afraid that by doing that, I may cause the browser to load incorrectly and more. Is it possible to move the library files to a certain directory, the var log files to /var and etc without causing problems?

Linux Guru
    I have no idea; I haven't tried. Although I agree that it is pretty ugly in a way to keep it there, I'm kind of comfortable with it in a way, since Mozilla is a behemoth, and when upgrading/uninstalling it, you don't want to look around in several directories to get the job done.

Linux Engineer
    Yea, this is the thing with precompiled binaries under certain distros. The appropriate files are nicely put into it's own directories. Perhaps it's just mozilla since other programs that I've compiled from source installs things to it's appropriate directories. When installing Mozilla1.4, it almost reminded me of how programs are installed in Windows. One directory is used for all files that are installed.