Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently installed a wireless card, which has me using ndiswrapper and dhcpcd (dhcpcd-1.3.22-pl4, to be exact). Unless I kill the dhcpcd process, my computer hangs up at the "Stopping ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

shutdown hangs at "Stopping iptables:"

I recently installed a wireless card, which has me using ndiswrapper and dhcpcd (dhcpcd-1.3.22-pl4, to be exact). Unless I kill the dhcpcd process, my computer hangs up at the "Stopping iptables:" step of the shutdown, forcing me to force the computer to turn off uncleanly. Furthermore, when I start back up, I get many complaints, and I have to manually delete /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-wlan0.pid in order to get the wireless connection going.

Does anyone know the proper way to get dhcpcd to play well with shutdown? I'm looking in /etc/init.d/halt but haven't quite figured it out yet.

TIA,

peter

Linux User
    i used to have that problem with my RH8, quick dirty solution for me is remove Kxxiptables from /etc/rc.d/rc0 and rc6 and avoid using command to stop iptables (i.e. service iptables stop), i made a custom script to reset all chains manually.....