Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Joninator is correct, custom. that is in 9.1 anyway, dunno about other Mandrake versions....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Joninator is correct, custom.

that is in 9.1 anyway, dunno about other Mandrake versions.

Linux User
    2 things...maybe they are incompatible with linux...almost certain thats not it...just dont seem right. or maybe there is an error on the disk...thats all i can think of. so try and re-DL the disk that does the partitioning. or did you buy these disks?

Just Joined!
    I downloaded them. I think Mandrake can't detect my second onboard controller. WHen I swap the cables Mnadrake detected my two drives but was unable to detect my other one. So it's Mandrake unable to detect one of my IDE controllers.

I got it to install except I now get an error when I tried to install Lilo. It said something about destroying my file system. Can't remember exactly.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    hmm so you have 2 seperate IDE controllers? aside from the Mobo's ide controllers? or just one but it only detects the drives that are on the primary? did you change the jumpers on the drives? that could most likely be a factor

Just Joined!
    I got Mandrake RUNNING!!!

I have a total 4 controllers on my mainboard. Two UDMA 133 and two Raid controllers (modified bios and turned it into 2 regular IDE controllers). Mandrake is not detecting my harddrives on my Raid controller.

This is my new setup that works fine with me. Two harddrives on the Regular IDE controller (Linux) and One harddrive on Raid controller (I don't want Linux to touch my Windows drive anyways)

OK, I'm using GRUB now instead of Lilo. How can I edit Grub boot manual so that I can add Windows XP to the list. I know my Mandrake doesn't detect my Windows Drive but I think Grub will detect it. Since I know my Windows Drive will be hdc or hde I can just add it manually. What file do I have to edit?

Thanks for the help.

Linux Guru
    GRUB's config file has different names on different distros. I think Mdk uses /boot/grub/menu.lst.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2