Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, I am a new member of the forum, and I am generally new to the Linux scene. I was wondering if anyone could give me information of the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Dan
    Just Joined!

Redistribution policies?

Hello all,

I am a new member of the forum, and I am generally new to the Linux scene. I was wondering if anyone could give me information of the redistribution policies of each of the seperate Linux producers (Mandrake, RedHat, SuSE, etc.)

I have been searching the internet but I am looking for someone with experience to give me a quick low down on the policies.

Thanks in advance.

Linux Guru
    Are you referring to some kind of EULA? I think Mdk and SuSE do some strange things, but all the others (as far as I know) are distributed under the GPL:
    http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

Dan
    Just Joined!
    Yes that was what I was talking about, and thank you, i'll look into what policies SuSE and Mdk employ.

Linux Engineer
    I think all the mentionend dists are under GPL licence but if you are checking for a company is the easiest way to contact a sailsman for the current dist. I think the have funny licences it you for example running Redhat proffesional instead of Desktop and are using it in a company there could be other licence terms.
    Regards

Andutt

Just Joined!
    RedHat are no longer selling boxed distros through dealers, probably have to download them. It has ceased from now.