Find the answer to your Linux question:
i dont know if anyone would be willing to send me a set of the cd's from Debian. 7 cds is alot to download and i was jst curious if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

debian cd

i dont know if anyone would be willing to send me a set of the cd's from Debian. 7 cds is alot to download and i was jst curious if some would send me a set of them. i will pay for the cost of the cd's and shipping. if you are willing if not i will jst buy it from an online store jst figure i would see if someone would be willing.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Guru
    Download the first CD, then do the rest of the install over the network

Jason

flw
    Linux Engineer
    J are you that sure that it will work with the most existing hardware? i,e, analog modem, cable/dsl modem, or router? I'd hate to start a install and have it die on me because it lost its connectivity due to hardware issues.

I raise this beacuse on my main machine uses cable for BB ISP. Cable where I'm at is not linux compatible and runs a special client setup. There is no dsl available so if I want B.B. I have to use cable.

Just my 2 cents.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    It shouldnt matter how you install it.

Downloading the first ISO and getting the rest from the Net at install time as needed will leave you with the same system as if you had installed it from the CD's.

Jason

Yeh most of what you need for an install is on disk one and like J said if its not on the disk you will get it off a mirror.

well i have changed my mind im not goin to try debian yet. maybe after i build my desktop i will but for my server i sticking with slackware. i really like it so far.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!