Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm in a bad mood. My dog just passed and my truck is done (getting modified suspension put in) .. so i decided to ramble about something: I've been in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Read

I'm in a bad mood. My dog just passed and my truck is done (getting modified suspension put in) .. so i decided to ramble about something:

I've been in the computer business for a few years, and i'm sick and tired of hearing, "oh i'm sorry, we don't support Linux", well frankly. That isn't very accurate. Because Linux supports you! Scan EVERYBODIES servers. Microsoft,DELL,Gateway,Even those lovely ISP's who won't help newbies setup there PPP, or the NIC companies that won't help in network setup where linux is a server or client ANYWHERE on the network. I dare you.. I urge you to do this. You will find that it is 99.9% Opensource. Many of you have seen the Truth campaign against smoking, i'm sure. What about the Truth camaign against "HiddenSource" ?? Ask anybody you know, that owns a computer this questions, "does microsoft use microsoft windows as their operating system on their servers?" They will say Yes.. which is wrong!! This may be outdated.. But about 2 years ago the microsoft webserver was apache on a (I belive Solaris) machine, if I remember correctly; it may have changed by now(although i doubt it). But i just checked many of their other servers.. and all running a form of opensource. Why? you may ask. Could it be, because they know that the "other" operating systems is far superior. Do you think that ANYBODY at microsoft knows that they are running opensource programs? NO they don't. Call microsoft.. Play dumb and ask for techsupport on your Linux machine.. Excuse the techie's laughter. And ask them what operating system is their server running.. Then inform them it is Open source. I know this sounds completely immature and juvenile. and these forums are very refined and not as eccentric as this. But i would love to start a campaign. a PEACE campaigne. Let's not be Americans and start bombing (hacking) people. Just what the ciggarette Organization is doing (truth) we obviously need to start small. And before any of you answer reasearch. Find out that what i am saying is true. Because the point of Open Source is to find out the information yourself and not let the source code be hidden but be open so you don't have to trust the voice telling you what goes and what doesn't. This is my last statement.. and I want you all to think about this. Imagine the opposite of what we have today. Microsoft was nothing and Open Source was god. Do you think, we would have allowed "president" Bush to have gone to Iraq, under a whim that turned out to be untrue? Or would we have said "let us see this evidence" realized what a hoax it was; and these service men and women could be at their bases or with their families. Not in another country shooting people adn getting shot at. Think about how bit of a revolution Operating Systems are these days.

Sorry about the dog and I hope your new suspension is to your liking.

A very interesting rant...and I think that the whole TRUTH thing for Open Source could be a good idea...But I think that trying to start a campaign such as that would not be able to monitarily sustain itself. Advertising costs a lot of moola and that's the beauty of Open Source...it's free.

Now if we could convince some advertising companies, or billboard people to put up free ads, then you're in business.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    Or IBM? one of the largest computer companies out there? that is making a big deal out of their Unix/Linux Servers... Red Hat and SuSe i'm sure wouldn't mind paying a little.. Word of mouth is key also. PLUS: boycott.. i only buy products that either support Linux or is strictly for Linux (even for the windows computer i make)

flw
    Linux Engineer
    I don't mind usually reading rants because there is a serious point in it with some merit. But the inclusion of paragraphs would help out greatly.

See ya on the board-
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Just Joined!
    yea i know.. I was building a computer for myself at the time.. so i wrote a little .. built a little.. so i never realized how bad my grammer was.