Find the answer to your Linux question:
I need some help. I am starting an animation studio and want everything to run on linux. I wanted to klnow if anyone could tell me what would be the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

What is the best linux sontware to start a animation studio?

I need some help. I am starting an animation studio and want everything to run on linux. I wanted to klnow if anyone could tell me what would be the best software to use. If there is anyone I can talk to about helping setting up and modifying it to work for everything I need.

Linux Engineer
    not sure about much but definately check out blender 3d. Its an amazing 3d rendering and design tool that supports animation redering. It runs natively on Linux, but is also ported to pc and mac, plus its under the gpl
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!
    I'm in a similar situation. Blender without any doubt for 3d animation. You will also need Gimp as an alternative to Photoshop. Try out as my personal recommendations, Luciole, Openshot video editor, and Avidimux obviously for video editing, or to simply to dowload your collections of photos or drawings to make a stop motion animation or cartoon.

Of course you will need other types of software, such as for sound, or downloading your photos etc. This can all be searched for easily on your linux software centre, such as Ubuntu or Mint has. Checking out the ratings and comment is useful.

Ensure computer is set to keep Blender updated, as unfortunately Blender for example downloaded on Ubuntu is way out of date.

oz
    forum.guy
    thread is almost 7 years old, so closing...
    oz