Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have a sony ericcsson t200 phone and a data cable.Plz tell me how to connect to internet using my phone through a gprs connection on linux. thanks....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

GPRS and linux

Hi,

I have a sony ericcsson t200 phone and a data cable.Plz tell me how to connect to internet using my phone through a gprs connection on linux.

thanks.

Linux Guru
    I also have a Sony/Ericsson T200, but I have no data cable. If I had, I'd already have figured it out.
    However, I don't think that they've made it that easy for you; you're very lucky if there even is a pre-packaged solution. Probably, you will have to contact Sony/Ericsson and ask them about the protocol, and if you're lucky enough that they actually give the specs to you, you will have to write a program to handle it.
    I'm not absolutely sure that it's that bad, though. I have heard rumors that they have a straight PPP interface to the phone.I wouldn't bet about it, though.
    What interface does the cable have towards the computer? Isn't it a USB connector? In that case, check /proc/bus/usb/devices to see what kind of interface it reports itself as.