Find the answer to your Linux question:
I had heard alot of bad things about wireless so I had stayed clear of it but recently i got some hardware and put it all together with very little ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

wireless - easy and good

I had heard alot of bad things about wireless so I had stayed clear of it but recently i got some hardware and put it all together with very little problem

Dell 1150 Truemobile PCMCIA card
    Dell 1184 WIreless Broadband router

easily setup a wireless access point, configured it to use WEP (Wireless encryption ptotocol) to prevent anyone else from jumping on my wireless net (this was done as a trial for work, but still a nice idea) - all i had to do was add the wireless device to the network devices section tell it to pretty much auto everything (except the WEP key obviously) and i was set.

So if you were thinking of going wireless, go for it - its pretty sweet, sure its only 11MB but for laptops its pretty sweet

(I have ordered a 1170 Trumobiel Enterprice access point for work, im expecting no problems but will let you know if i get into any)
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.

Just Joined!
    why dell?

I just got a d-link 22 Mbps airlink+ card and router/firewall/access point for $150. Didn't you pay like $300 for that setup?

Linux User
    #1 - work paid for it

but we get an educational discount (I work for a research department of a college), i paid $45 for the 1150 and $90 for the 1184
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close