Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
What is so great about this linux OS anyways..... years ago, i got my copy of SUSE linux.... my big bro said that it was way more user friendly and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't...... Understand

What is so great about this linux OS anyways..... years ago, i got my copy of SUSE linux.... my big bro said that it was way more user friendly and way more custimizable than windows.... since then.... i have wasted like 30 or 50 bucks i cant remember, countless hours, a good harddrive, my wife and children (just a joke ), and other things because of this Linux OS. The reson i have a comp is for gaming... are there even very many games that are compatable with Linux??? i have seen very few games that i could buy, put in my cr-rom drive, install, and play just like that.

now tell me you Linux Phreaks.... why should i use linux over my Windows XP Home.?!?!?!?!

Your friend and worst enemy,

Nova

Linux Engineer
    If gaming is your thing, stay with windows. 'Nuff said.
    Registered Linux user #384279
    Vector Linux SOHO 7

Just Joined!
    than what is SUSE Linux good for...???

Nova

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Want an OS that rarely crashes? Want something stable? Want flexibility in how you control your system? Then look at Linux (not just SuSE, there are many excellent distributions out there). It's a stable alternative to Windows. (Not to mention, 99.9% of the software is absolutely free)
    Vector Linux SOHO 7

Just Joined!
    ok.... it is sttable... it rarely crashes..... what 99% software... where is this software you speak of.... and what is Linux usually used for(buisness,gaming, multimedia.....Etc...)

Nova

Linux User
    This will answer all your questions:

www.google.com

Linux Engineer
    Ya know? Google is very good when doing research on things.

Some links to get you started...

http://www.distrowatch.com
    http://www.sourceforge.com
    http://www.linuxpackages.net
    http://www.linux.com
    Vector Linux SOHO 7

Linux Engineer
    Another one is rpm.pbone.net, if you choose "advance rpm search" and select only your suse-version you can find most stuff you're looking for.

What can linux be used for? Well, actually most things. I use it for chatting, networking, desktop-modding, a bit gaming, word-processing, a bit programming, once upon a time webdesigning etc etc. There are no limits.

oz
    forum.guy
    Yeah, it's certainly true that Linux isn't for everyone. In fact, I think less adventurous computer users would probably be much happier if they'd simply stay within their limits.

I like using Linux "because I can".

Quote Originally Posted by retired1af
    Want an OS that rarely crashes? Want something stable? Want flexibility in how you control your system? Then look at Linux (not just SuSE, there are many excellent distributions out there). It's a stable alternative to Windows. (Not to mention, 99.9% of the software is absolutely free)
    That's it in a nutshell. What else do you want out of an OS?
    As for games, there is Unreal Tournament and Quake (I believe) for Linux. Look around the internet using your friend Google.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast