Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! When I was using windows (not so long ago), I had a wonderful piece of software called "AutoHotkey" with the following feature: Hotstrings and Auto-replace Although hotstrings are mainly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    R2
    Just Joined!

Auto-replace / auto-correct tool

Hi!

When I was using windows (not so long ago), I had a wonderful piece of software called "AutoHotkey" with the following feature:

Hotstrings and Auto-replace

Although hotstrings are mainly used to expand abbreviations as you type them (auto-replace), they can also be used to launch any scripted action. In this respect, they are similar to hotkeys except that they are typically composed of more than one character (that is, a string).

The abbreviation btw will be automatically replaced with "by the way" whenever you type it, but you must follow it with an ending character such as space, period, or enter (the need for an ending character can be avoided by means of the * option).

I tried to find a linux tool with the same feature without succes.

Is it possible to find (or script, or code) something like it How? Where?
    It seems to me that it would be something easy to do under linux... but, I just dont know how .

Thanks !
    (Sorry, my english is bad, i mostly speak french)

Linux Engineer
    Not quite sure, but you can maybe do this with awk/gawk or sed. I never used either of them before, so you can either check out the manpages or wait for someone who knows these tools to say if it's possible with them.

R2
    Just Joined!
    Someone else have an idea?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    now, but if you find this, let me know. sounds cool.
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used