Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have some digital pics I would like to burn to a cd/dvd media so i can put in in my dvd player and scroll thru them on my tv. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Digital pics on DVD Player, "how to" question

I have some digital pics I would like to burn to a cd/dvd media so i can put in in my dvd player and scroll thru them on my tv. I can hook the camera directly to the tv and see them, but i would like to make my own collection. How do you go about this? Do i have to burn in a special format? I looked thru the k3b manual and didnt find anything like this in there.
    Registered Linux user #388374
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
    Albert Einstein, (1879 - 1955)

Linux Newbie
    Well I guess this is gonna depend a lot on the make / model of your dvd player and how old it is.

As an educated guess I would first try a normal data dvd, with jpeg encoded images in the root of the dvd (not in folders)...

see if ur dvd player can handle that...then maybe try putting the pics in folders...try other formats....

Linux Newbie
    yes, that was it. my dvd player is old and will not read .jpg's, guess i got to upgrade!!
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    hmmm

Ok, what about turning your series of jpegs into a movie...just have each picture shown on screen for a few seconds (or however long you want) and save it as a mpg and put that on the dvd.

Not sure exactly what softwares you would need, but linux has a few good movie editors, and dvd authoring softwares...have a search arround.

Just Joined!
    Or possibly if you could get some software which would allow you to put in chapters (can't help you on that one sorry) it could be possible to skip through them. A lot of retail DVDs these days have photo gallerys on them.

Linux Newbie
    http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/

This was the software i saw (only for windows) I figured linux had something even better. Im going to try burning a data disc and run it on a newer dvd player. I can see the directory tree of my pics on my tv, but when i select a file, it says (searching for mp3 file.....) then it stops. I will keep on it and post when i figure something out.