Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently moved to slackware 9 (form RH9). I have the sources of my modem that work fine in RH9. In slackware when i try to compile the drivers i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Zig
    Just Joined!

'invisible' kernel source in Slackware

I recently moved to slackware 9 (form RH9). I have the sources of my modem that work fine in RH9. In slackware when i try to compile the drivers i run ./configure and it tell me that the kernel headers are not found. The headers of the kernel are there, and even if i specify explicity like ./configure --with-kernel=dir they still tell me that the kernel header arent there or that they are unreadable or they arent prepared. What this mean.

How can i make this work.
    In slackware the kernel sources are installed in /usr/include/linux i can see it but the configure program of the drivers cant see them or cant use them

Help me please

Linux Guru
    /usr/include/linux? Those aren't the kernel headers, that's just the user space verion of the kernel headers, that are present in all Linux distributions, whether or not you have the kernel source installed. The kernel source should be in /usr/src/linux.

Zig
    Just Joined!
    ups, sorry for that. Anyway when i install the nvidia drivers i have to specify the kernel source dir and i specify that directory and the drivers was installed perfectly (i think so). So if i dont have the sources on /usr/src/linux i dont have the sources installed. Right??

Linux Guru
    Of course, you can install the sources elsewhere, but /usr/src/linux is the standard place.