Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have a RedHat LInux 9 installation and it was working well. I've added users using the "Users and Groups" user interface. Recently, I noticed that the Users and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

"Users and Groups" User Interface not working

Hi,

I have a RedHat LInux 9 installation and it was working well. I've added users using the "Users and Groups" user interface. Recently, I noticed that the Users and Groups interface is not working. It does not show up at all.

Please suggest a solution to this.

Thanks and Regards,
    Septhar

Linux Engineer
    Hmm, have you tried finding out what the app is called and run it in a terminal, then the error usually shows up... Also, until you find out you can use "adduser" (simpler) or "useradd" (read the man doc :P) to create users and "passwd" to change their passwords (from console).

Just Joined!
    i'm using GNOME and i'm able to use 'useradd' command from the console.

my problem is that i am unable to view the interface as mentioned in this URL - http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/l...fig-users.html

Linux Engineer
    You can do exactly the same from commandlinue, but if you want the graphical... Find out what the app is called and try running it from a terminal and check for errors. I can't remember what the app is called, rh/fc experts here?

Just Joined!
    the useradd command works from the console.
    yes, i would like to have the graphical user interface working as it was earlier.