Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everybody! I want to know how to keep track of what the users do in my computer? I'm using Mandrake 9.2 and I would like to know if there ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Keeping Track, how???????

Hi everybody!

I want to know how to keep track of what the users do in my computer? I'm using Mandrake 9.2 and I would like to know if there is an utilitie to do the job I want.

Hmm.. could you be more specific? If you mean keep track of everything they do, i don't know about that! But *NIX systems to keep many logs in text files.
    PTL x10 Hallelujah!
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 512MB RAM Dual 80G WD HD 8MB Cache (1 WinXP Home, 1 CentOS 4.2) GeForce Ti4200 128MB SB Live! 5.1
    Registered Linux user #391521

Just Joined!

This is what i need

Ok, I want to know if is possible to keep track of what programs do my family use and what internet sites they visit. Where can I get that info?????????

Well, to see what sites they are visiting is a function of the web browser, not the OS. I don't know which browser you are using, but most have a folder with a history of sites visited. Assuming of course that the users are not deleting the contents after browsing the net.

As for what program's are run I don't know of any log's but maybe some of the other guys here may have an answer.
    PTL x10 Hallelujah!
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 512MB RAM Dual 80G WD HD 8MB Cache (1 WinXP Home, 1 CentOS 4.2) GeForce Ti4200 128MB SB Live! 5.1
    Registered Linux user #391521