Find the answer to your Linux question:
I work in a computer company which sells computer configurations and parts of them. And I want to give a choice to customers. If they want to buy a PC ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Benchmark for Linux

I work in a computer company which sells computer configurations and parts of them. And I want to give a choice to customers. If they want to buy a PC with Linux installed, not Windows. But I find difficult to test the Graphic Cards in Linux OS. I have searched the web and I didn't found any benchmark program working on Linux. And I need to test every Graphic Card before it is selling. Any sollution?
    Regards, Vlatko

Linux Newbie
    There are so few games for Linux (compared to the Windows world at least), that benchmarking isn't really worth it. Any half decent card in Linux will perform at least as well as on Windows methinks, possibly better (going from the fact that a Mac will outperform a far faster PC in benchmarks).

Linux Engineer
    glxgears is used for benchmarking 3d performance but thats no good if you want to compare it to windows performance cus glxgears is not avail for win (i think, maby it is.. look it up)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Test not benchmark

I need more to test the graphic cards not to benchmark them to see if the modules installed for them are working OK and the hardware part is OK. I know that benchmarking is one way testing the graphics. That's why I need that like of program for Linux. Anyway I will try the program glxgears and see if my problems will be solved.
    Thanks very much.