Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
you might want to boot insto a failsafe or runlevel one mode....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

you might want to boot insto a failsafe or runlevel one mode.
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

You mentioned that your keyboard doesn't work after you type in your username, but note that in most distros, you will not see anything when you write your password! After writing it, just hit enter and you should be logged in. After that try the 'startx' command at the prompt.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    Yup try that one, and I think Mandrake has a tool called draxconf or drakx, try those ones.
    No wait....xfdrake....

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by psic
    You mentioned that your keyboard doesn't work after you type in your username, but note that in most distros, you will not see anything when you write your password! After writing it, just hit enter and you should be logged in. After that try the 'startx' command at the prompt.
    you = computer genius man. that solves one problem, now im trying to figure out how much memory is on my video card...

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by GNU_man
    You don't need a site to list it out. Type:
    Code:
    xf86config
    and just answer the questions.
    nice, much thanks, I'm using that tool right now, but I'm having a hard time finding the specs on my graphics card (intel 82830)

Just Joined!
    sorry for triple post, but I went through that a few times and it still isnt working... I'm wondering if I treid a different distro maybe it might have the driver for it... where can I get the most recent, free version of SUSE? I don't want the eval or the live version, either... thanx much in advance!

Just Joined!
    nice, much thanks, I'm using that tool right now, but I'm having a hard time finding the specs on my graphics card (intel 82830)
    I could be wrong, but have you checked your bios to see what it is set at? That "videocard" most likely shares system memory, and thus can be any value you set it at. As far as your question as to the availability of SuSE 9,3 professional, try this link: ftp.uni-rostock.de/pub/systems/unix/linux/suse/i386/9.3/iso . I'm currently d/l'ing the dvd edition.

Just Joined!
    You should try looking up the Hardware Compatibility List before installation...

Oh yes, i forgot that the X config tool does ask you for some detailed specs... if it's a shared mem card like dave_boo mentioned, i have no experience with those as i've never had one.
    PTL x10 Hallelujah!
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 512MB RAM Dual 80G WD HD 8MB Cache (1 WinXP Home, 1 CentOS 4.2) GeForce Ti4200 128MB SB Live! 5.1
    Registered Linux user #391521

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2