Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Yes, that's the one. RSA is part of GnuPG, it's just that they've avoided it in that document. I think the RSA patent has since expired (this was written in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Yes, that's the one.
    RSA is part of GnuPG, it's just that they've avoided it in that document. I think the RSA patent has since expired (this was written in 2002), but I'm not sure.

You cannot encrypt them from within the webmail, but just do as you're doing now with the zip files: encrypt them before you send them.

Linux Engineer
    Anyone know which Linux compression program will compress and uncompress files that are in .rar (winrar).
    The best things in life are free.

Linux Guru
    Now that's a tough one... =)
    I don't know, but check this one out:
    http://www.programfiles.com/Default.asp?LinkId=7987

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    Yes, that's the one.
    RSA is part of GnuPG, it's just that they've avoided it in that document. I think the RSA patent has since expired (this was written in 2002), but I'm not sure.

You cannot encrypt them from within the webmail, but just do as you're doing now with the zip files: encrypt them before you send them.

Thanks Dolda.
    JB

Linux Engineer
    Make sure they have your public key or they will not be able to decrypt the files. Yes pgp can use RSA.

Linux Newbie
    Cool.

Thanks everyone.

I've got all the info that I need now.

Much appreciated.
    JB

Just Joined!
    RSA was patented? That's crazy! The theory isn't that complicated. Anyone with a few college math classes should be able to follow the basic idea behind it.

Why doesn't someone patent geometry, while they're at it?

Linux Guru
    Much is equally stupid. Like the LZW algorithm as used by GIFs... that's also patented, while it isn't really that complicated. Plugins for web browsers are also patented... M$ was recently sued for I think about $500M for having plugins in IE. And very soon the European congress will be voting for a new patenting bill that would make it even easier to patent such things, like Amazon One-Click shopping. It's a crazy world as it is; I just hope that bill doesn't go through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2