Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
It does thanks ... I'll probably buy a second hand PC with my birthday money next month and order a copy of Red Hat 9......
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

It does thanks ... I'll probably buy a second hand PC with my birthday money next month and order a copy of Red Hat 9...

Linux Newbie
    Coo

Thanks,
    JB

Just Joined!

Dual Boot

I have done a few Dual boot installations without problems. This include Mandrake and Windows 98, Suse and Windows 98 and Redhat and Windows 98. My son has installed Redhat along with XP. I don't think there should be any problems as long as Windows is installed first.

Just Joined!
    I have a dual boot machine, and am still in the process of becoming proficient (or at least workable?) with Linux. I think dual boot is definitely the way to go at first. Can't tell you how many times I messed up my network card fiddling around the the setup.

Of note, I can say that you can get just about any piece of hardware working, but it may take some time and persistence. One of the neat things about the Linux environment is how truly malleable it is. Oh, and these guys here are extremely helpful, and have been invaluable to me getting all the quirks worked out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2