Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well, I finally got my dialup modem working (I MISS cable!) Anyway, I have a program through my Telephone company called Internet Call Manager. I'm sure you know what it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Does this program exist for linux?

Well, I finally got my dialup modem working (I MISS cable!)

Anyway, I have a program through my Telephone company called Internet Call Manager. I'm sure you know what it is...it monitors your line while you're surfing and tells you when a call is coming in. Then, it gives you the choice to answer or ignore the call.

So, does anything like this exist for linux? IF not, is it possible to try to get it running with Wine?

Related to Wine, I also have a "dailup accelerator" from the same company (connect through a proxy server, compresses data etc). It works pretty good. Could I set that up in wine as well?

Thanks for the help

Just Joined!
    Well, I just came across a site that said ICM works with wine. Can't find any info on the accelerator, though.

Also, my apologies. I didn't see the Wine forum...this probably should have gone there.

Thanks

Just Joined!
    Welp, wine worked awesome. I have both of those running perfect in linux now.

Wine was much easier to set up then I thought.

I'm happy to be working in linux again!

glad we could help

Just Joined!
    I appreciate it :P