Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but since it's not really distro-specific I figured I'd post here. I really love Linux how stable it is- it can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Downloading a HUGE file in Azureus on Windows; can I finish it in Linux?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but since it's not really distro-specific I figured I'd post here.

I really love Linux how stable it is- it can run for weeks and not slow down a bit. I haven't used it in quite a while, though. I want to get back into it and maybe learn some more, but the problem is that for the moment I'm downloading a rather giant file over Bittorrent under windows. I checked the Azureus site and they have a Linux version (I'm on mandrake 10 btw).

Setup:
    I have three hard drives; two are in right now, a 40GB storage drive, a 13GB windows install, and a 10GBer with Linux on it. My windows drive is in a 5..25" drive bay with a plastic case that makes it easy to swap out and use Linux if I want, and also limits the problems of dual booting.

My question is this: can I switch over to Linux, install Azureus, and somehow continue my download off my storage HD?

I have managed to recover downloads from Azureus after losing local config files (hence d/l data). If you open the same torrent and choose to save the output file in the same place as the old one (as the same file - not a new one) it will skip quickly through the file and continue where it left off. Worked for me on a few files, but always backup first in case it overwrites, and I only did mine through linux!