Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm running RH 8.0 and I am STILL have the problems as in my earlier post now I used the code supplyed on the DRI site that someone linked me ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

X86conf file messed up. can't start Xfree86

I'm running RH 8.0 and I am STILL have the problems as in my earlier post now I used the code supplyed on the DRI site that someone linked me to they said it was for the i810 grafics card and unless eyes desive me that is the card i have yet this code didn't work....

...when it starts up it tells me my X86conf file is out of sorts and asks me if I want to de-bug it i say YES WHAT DO I LOOK LIKE I WANT TO DO???

then it says YOU LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE FOOL WHO MESSED UP HIS X86conf FILE TRYING TO GET BETTER PERFORMANCE OUT OF A 466 CELERON!! NICE TRY BUD

what do I do??
    I has several computers (4) could i hack into the messed up one through my LAN and like get the old file back in place (I saved it ) or could i change it through the terminal
    any other options???

Thanks

Linux Guru
    You don't have to get into it through the lan (although it's possible). Just switch virtual terminal with the ALT+Fx keys. Usually they are configured from F1 through F6.
    For us to tell you what to do, we must first know what went wrong. Do you have a server (or access to one, such as a public HTTP server), that we can download files from? If so, put your /etc/X11/XF86Config and /var/log/XFree86.0.log on that server, and post links to them here.
    In the worst case you can of course post the files here, put that's going to be one big post.

Just Joined!
    I need to like re-install it, i thought i saved the XF86Conf file but i can't find it
    can i download the sh install file and sh install it?? tell me how do do this if its possible cause i have the most experiance with shell scrips
    the messed up computer has access to the web

Linux Guru
    What sh install file are you referring to?