Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm looking for some web based software that will allow me to manage CAD files, spreadsheets, scripts, etc. I'm looking for something that will allow users to lock files and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help finding some software...

I'm looking for some web based software that will allow me to manage CAD files, spreadsheets, scripts, etc. I'm looking for something that will allow users to lock files and check them out so that they can work on them, and then check them back in when they are done. Basically what I'm looking for is a web based PDM solution for me and a few of my friends. The reason it needs to be web based is because my friends are hundreds of miles away and I need to give them access to the files when I'm not around.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something like this? I've found several items on sourceforge, but I can't afford them at the moment.

Doesnt sourceforge = free ??

Linux Engineer
    An FTP server with restricted access? Password & user accounts?
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    An FTP server won't do what I need it to do. I need something that will allow a user to check out a CAD file and lock it so that other users can't take out the part. This way I won't have two people trying to check in two versions of a file that they were working on.

Doesnt sourceforge = free ??
    Not necessarily.