Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have Suse 9.3 up and running, but I've decided that I would like to give it some more space.... I originally only allocated 7 gigs of hard drive to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Partitioning help

I have Suse 9.3 up and running, but I've decided that I would like to give it some more space.... I originally only allocated 7 gigs of hard drive to it, but I'm fast running out of that, so want to add about 15 more gigs of unused hard drive space. However, I'm not even remotely professional at using YaST's partitioning section, and don't have the slightest idea how to get started to go about this. Any advice?
    Thanks,
    Brandon

Go Yast -> System ->Partitioner, then select the partition you wish to steal space from, e.g. windows, it will have an entry something like:
    /dev/hda1 X GB HPFS/NTFS /windows etc...

hilight it, then on the bottom plane, you can see an option called resize, click it. Then move the slider accross. The more you move it to the left, the more space is allocated to linux.

Once you are satisifed, click ok then click on the newly created partition, select edit, format it as reiser and then once you are finished, click apply and that should be it.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.