Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok ive D/l'ed the Nvidia drivers exited X and tried to install them now its telling me im missing some kernel header files needed to install the drivers. Ive gone ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SuSE, Nvida Drivers, Missing header files problem

Ok ive D/l'ed the Nvidia drivers exited X and tried to install them now its telling me im missing some kernel header files needed to install the drivers.

Ive gone from Linux n00b with a Windows PC to -> Linux n00b with a nuked Windows partition to -> Linux n00b with a 100% Linux PC & a gfx problem in 4 hours. This is really a fly by the seat of my pants tour of the distressing under belly of Linux

I've read a few threads on the nvidia boards about this but seeing as ive only had linux up and running for a handfull of hours a really need some one to hold my hand through this whole procedure.

Thanks

Linux Guru
    That is actually a bit strange. I think that the nVidia driver package should come with a precompiled interface module for SuSE's stock kernel. Anyhow, if it doesn't (which it doesn't seem to), you will simply need to install the kernel source code from your installation CDs. Do that and try again.