Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Ive noticed with firefox, it starts downloading a file as soon as you click "save target as..." or whatever, but it caches it in memory or as a temp file ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Ive noticed with firefox, it starts downloading a file as soon as you click "save target as..." or whatever, but it caches it in memory or as a temp file i guess until you choose a location to save. Once you have chosen a place to save, the download manager starts...but you have already downloaded a chunk of the file while it was waiting...hence, larger download speeds at the start which taper off to what you would expect.

If you wanna try it, just dont choose a location to save for like 5 mins, then you will be downloading at like 8mbps!

But then, 200kbps, on dial up, and a 300mb file.... might be something else, but it is probably a chace isuue somewhere along the line.

Linux Enthusiast
    Is is really an issue? I don't mind...

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by chopin1810
    Is is really an issue? I don't mind...
    Yes! You must pay as much money as we (or our parents) pay, in order to get good download speeds! :P
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2