Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a purchased set for MDK8.0. During the install, it set up the sources for the first 4 CD's I got 3 more CD's with it. 2 of these ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake PackageManager

I have a purchased set for MDK8.0. During the install, it set up the sources for the first 4 CD's I got 3 more CD's with it. 2 of these are sources CD's, but one has "Supplementary Applications"

I have tried several times to add this to the list of sources in the Package Manager, but it never even tries to read from the disk, and hangs. I did alot of reading, and found the command line syntax, with the result telling me that it cannot access the device. If I try to use Konquerer, and browse to the directory, right click on the RPM and select 'open with package manager', it tells me that it cant find other packages that this package depends on.

The package is for 'SearchAndRescue' and is for my almost 4 y/o grandnephew that loves firemen and such, so it's getting bumped up on my list of priorities.

The structure on the CD is just /RPMS, but there is also a /mandrake/SRPMS directory. I've tried pointing to both, as well as to the root of the CD, in the add/remove sources lik/icon in the PM GUI, and tried to follow the syntax as closely as I could with:

urpmi add.media CD_5_Supplementary_Application :///mnt/cdrom/RPMS

Is this the correct syntax?

Just Joined!
    OK, I've done alot more experimenting with trying to get this to run. I've broken X on my MDK 9.1 install, and have wiped my MDK 8.0 PC and installed RH 7.2. It doesn't seem to have urpm available, and I can't find any info in "rpm --help" as to how to add sources, so I can make all the required packages available to RPM for the 'searchandrescue' app.

How do I add RPM sources in RH 7.2?