Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok i got the SSL key for red hat 9 but i still cant download anyhting i run the rpm and it does its think asks me for my root ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SSL key

ok i got the SSL key for red hat 9 but i still cant download anyhting i run the rpm and it does its think asks me for my root PW then procedes to setting its self up but when it comes to the point to tell me how many files its going to install and if i want to see the detail of thes files nothing happens. is there a way i can do this from a prompt or something.? im going to try it on my own but i know ill screw somehting up so i just thought ide ask before i mess things up

fragment
    I00I0I

Linux Guru
    The up2date program is really poorly written. It will block on syscalls, so if RedHat's server are overloaded (which they very often are), the connect might stall up2date more or less indefinitely when you try to check the details.

Just Joined!
    AHHHHHHHH!!! this makes sense well then where else can i find up dates and when i get tired of redhat which i seem to be getting close to already what is a good distro that you reccomned?

fragment
    I00I0I