Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im have my PC hooked up to my cable modem via a router... what should the defualt gateway or expert settings be ? At the moment there all blank and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SuSE,Yast Router settings?

Im have my PC hooked up to my cable modem via a router... what should the defualt gateway or expert settings be ?

At the moment there all blank and although i can access the internet it is hellishly slow ( is use a 1meg line and its slower than a 26k dial up )

Nothing wrong with the connection it functions fine when the router is removed and the rounter performs fine under windows.... so im assuming its my router setting under Linux.

Thanks

Linux Guru
    Does the router have DHCP server functionality? In that case, just set the IP configuration for the network card to 'Dynamic', and it should work. If it doesn't, set the default gateway option to the IP address of the router.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the reply. I spent hours (&hours) tying to fix it last night. The only thing that worked was a full re-install i dont know how or why but it doesnt fill me with confidence about the stability of the system, if it can be totaly FUBAR'ed on one installation and fine on a second identical installaion.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close