Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just bought a shiny new WRT54GX Linksys Router, but I get the error that it's not plugged in to the computer when it goes to configure it. I've reset ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

WRT54GX Linksys Router-I need the online setup website!!!!!

I just bought a shiny new WRT54GX Linksys Router, but I get the error that it's not plugged in to the computer when it goes to configure it. I've reset it, gone through the setup at least 20 times, disconnected and reconnected all cords several times. I can connect to my modems website (A westell versalink 327w, possibly the worst modem ever made), but that's it. I'm hoping that the online configuration will work-but I can't find it!!!! I'm hoping that someone may know where it is.

I would also appreciate advice any advice relating to the router.

Thanks,
    fanfan

edit: I also tried troubleshooting with the traceroute command, but bash said that the command could not be found.

My format was this: traceroute www.google.com

is there anything wrong with this??

thanks
    -fanfan
    There is no problem so complicated that you cannot find a very simple answer to it if you look at it in the right way

Linux User
    Was the bash error message about the command or about the URL you entered?
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

Linux Newbie
    it was about the command
    There is no problem so complicated that you cannot find a very simple answer to it if you look at it in the right way

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close