Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a problem that I have been tried to resolve for the past couple of weeks. I have several computers running RedHat 7.2 and I am trying to setup ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trying to print through a network printer.

I have a problem that I have been tried to resolve for the past couple of weeks. I have several computers running RedHat 7.2 and I am trying to setup the network printer for all five computers. One is the server and the rest are networked together. The server can print fine, but when I try to setup the printer on the client computers, it will not setup to print. How can I get this to work? Please give me some information on this issue. I would greatly appreciate the input.

Linux Engineer
    Well if you are using cups, you can just setup the network printer at http://localhost:631/

Linux Guru
    I think you're using LPrng. If so, just set it up using printconf-gui. That'll probably make it easy on you.

Just Joined!

Trying to install a network printer

Does the server have to be running CUPS also or can the client computers run CUPS and the server run another? I have the clients all on CUPS, but don't know what the server is running. What would be better or possible?