Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, Ive got a nifty little script going that creates a nifty image of my currently playing, I wanna hotlink this in my profile/away message. (The image can be seen ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Gaim Profile/Away Message

Hey, Ive got a nifty little script going that creates a nifty image of my currently playing, I wanna hotlink this in my profile/away message. (The image can be seen at http://kubasik.net/music/nowplaying.png ) I can export this same info to a text file, and do cool stuff like scripted sig's in evolution, but I can't figure out a way to integrate this into gaim, I'm assuming this would take another script, or even a plugin for Gaim, any thoughts?
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Linux User
    If you were to write a plugin, you might consider using the already established audioscrobbler interface, so you don't have to worry about players.

By the way, that would rock!

It almost sounds like something that should be patched into gaim-remote, though. Not something audioscrobbler specific, but just the ability to create and choose an away message.
    Michael Salivar

Man knows himself insofar as he knows the world, becoming aware of it only in himself, and of himself only within it.
    --Goethe