Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Type "xvidtune" in a terminal. OS X is cool yeah, tried it over at apple center in Bergen when I was there. TIger runned remarkably fast too (may be because ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Type "xvidtune" in a terminal.

OS X is cool yeah, tried it over at apple center in Bergen when I was there. TIger runned remarkably fast too (may be because of the machine specs, dunno what it was called, the machine is sized like a normal computer... With metallic fense-like cabinnette). I thought it would run slower. However, it was a bit weird to use at first, especially finding the "file" menu and those in the menu bar at the top...

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    Type "xvidtune" in a terminal.

OS X is cool yeah, tried it over at apple center in Bergen when I was there. TIger runned remarkably fast too (may be because of the machine specs, dunno what it was called, the machine is sized like a normal computer... With metallic fense-like cabinnette). I thought it would run slower. However, it was a bit weird to use at first, especially finding the "file" menu and those in the menu bar at the top...
    Thanks a lot!
    xvidtune helped moving the screen to the right, though not all the way. At least all the icons and K Menu are visible now.

Now, I have to configure yaboot (boot loader) to dual boot Mac OS X and SuSE 10.
    I installed yaboot yesterday and run 'yabootconfig' to install the loader in bootstrap partition and generate 'yaboot.conf' file. The yaboot.conf file included option to boot only Linux, which would still be a progress if it actually worked. It says it cannot find the directory or file (kernel and initrd I think) when I reboot.

I have to return this machine tomorrow, but want to make Linux bootable from bootloader, not from CD1.
    I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Linux Enthusiast
    I am now ready to return this iMac to its owner. SuSE 10 RC is installed, and Debian boot loader (yaboot) is used to choose between Linux, Mac OS X, and CD.
    Thanks for all the help guys!

Pavlo

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3