Find the answer to your Linux question:
Have anyone other experienced that? this is the reason I got banned yesterday: -sterling.freenode.net- *** Banned: UdontKnow; clone bots are not allowed on freenode. Please email staff@freenode.net if you have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I'm beeing banned from freenode constantly

Have anyone other experienced that?

this is the reason I got banned yesterday:

-sterling.freenode.net- *** Banned: UdontKnow; clone bots are not allowed on freenode. Please email staff@freenode.net if you have any questions.
    (2003/10/18 19.16)

Now I'm getting this:

-brunner.freenode.net- *** Banned: chii; A possible trojan horse was found on your computer, please email staff@freenode.net for more information

:

Just Joined!
    yeah i saw that hrmmm,...... i dunno were you running more than one client? mebe you got hacked and you dont know it. also try a diffrent type of client to see if thats the problem. i saw a TON if people getting banned from #perl #c++ and #SuSE so i dont think its just you.

dLe
    Just Joined!

maybe

is your mIRC up to date if your on windows? a major exploit was found for mIRC so make sure you updated.. also check your IRC directory for files with names like mlRC (M L R C) these could contain code to advertise/spread it if you even have it.

hope this helps
    - d L e

xlulux: Did they also get klined? I only ran one client, and I didnt do anything wrong. I don't think I got cracked or something, because I run an uptodate version of "zonealarm" and I looked through the logfiles, and nothing.

dLE: I upgraded my mIRC (I was at my fathers place and he don't like GNU/Linux) after it segfaulted or something but that was after I was I got banned. I don't think it has anything to do with mirc because I emailed staff@freenode.net and they said that clonebots is starting to take on nicknames that are common, so every time I want on IRC I have to log on as Kriss_ and change it to Kriss. Kind of frustrating