Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by onlinebacon Maybe a BSD like FreeBSD, come to the other side... Have you tried cdcontrol yet? If not, you should!!! And vidcontrol to change lines on screen, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by onlinebacon
    Maybe a BSD like FreeBSD, come to the other side...
    Have you tried cdcontrol yet? If not, you should!!! And vidcontrol to change lines on screen, text-colours and similar on console... And try vidfont aswell while you're there!

Just Joined!
    you are usin fedora right?... that is red hat based, try: a debian based, slackware, gentoo, LFS, BSD or Solaris.

maybe you will found any of these better for you.

Just Joined!

Re: Second Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Hiko
    Currently I have Fedora and Windows XP installed. I need recommendations on a second distro to install on same hdd as Fedora.
    SUSE is great. Especially SUSE 10 from www.opensuse.org. I rely on it. I installed Fedora besides SUSE once, and I later uninstalled Fedora since I was comfortable with SUSE.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Maybe a BSD like FreeBSD
    I agree. It will give you a chance to learn a slightly different filesystem structure, a new shell or two and new ways of getting tasks done.

Linux Newbie

Suse

Aloha,
    I downloaded and burned Suse 9.3 and am currently trying to figure out how to get it installed with Win XP and Fedora 4 for a triboot. New thread started on that though.
    Mahalo,
    Edward
    GNU/Linux is a powerful Free OS. Fear is a powerful motivator. Freedom is sweet. Fear GNU/Linux. Savor Freedom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2