Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to uninstall FC3 from my laptop because SBC DSL CD wont run and misc probs. When I put the windows CDROM and choose to boot from the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Uninstallation of FC 3

I am trying to uninstall FC3 from my laptop because SBC DSL CD wont run and misc probs.
    When I put the windows CDROM and choose to boot from the CD drive. it begins to look for harddrives and nothing more happens..
    it states it is looking for hardware and then i only get a black screen..

Can someone tell me how i can get rid of this and reinstall windows XP.

For my desktop:
    i dont even have a floppy drive on my desktop so the solution with the bootdisk wont work there.

Thanks.

This sounds like a Windows issue, not an FC issue.

Linux Enthusiast
    I've had better luck with installing Linux after Windows. XP may freeze just because it cannot read, write, or have anything to do with a Linux partition, so it may think that you have a corrupted file system or hard drive. So try installing Windows first.
    Anyway, you don't really "uninstall" an operating system, you just format or delete the partition it is stored on. You may want to try formatting your XP partition, formatting your Linux partition, then booting to something like Knoppix and deleting both partitions. Then install Windows. After that install Fedora Core again. It might just work, for whatever reason.
    By the way, you said that you were trying to use SBC DSL in Linux. I am not even sure if this is possible. I assume that what you meant was that you were trying to install the actual software they bundle with the service. I never recommend doing this in Linux, or in any other operating system for that matter. The bundled software is often very slow and buggy. The people who use it generally don't know how to set up their connection manually. I don't think SBC forces you into using the software like AOL does, so just run a PPPoE Linux setup script. It should work. I have my MSN connection running on Linux. After I dial-in I just fire up a web browser and all is well.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;314458

You're going to leave Linux for Windows because you have a crappy ISP? Better to use dial-up....
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Linux Enthusiast
    MY GOD! MICROSOFT ACTUALLY ACKNOWLEDEGES THE EXISTANCE OF LINUX? AMAZING!
    Of course, they probably won't tell you how to remove Windows XP and install Linux.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by chopin1810
    MY GOD! MICROSOFT ACTUALLY ACKNOWLEDEGES THE EXISTANCE OF LINUX? AMAZING!
    Of course, they probably won't tell you how to remove Windows XP and install Linux.
    Acknowledge? Check this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft Help and Support
    NOTE: Windows XP and Linux can coexist on the same computer. For additional information, refer to your Linux documentation.
    ...it must be some kind of trap....
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by drakebasher

You're going to leave Linux for Windows because you have a crappy ISP? Better to use dial-up....
    ROFL! funny how mircrosoft knows ALL about linux

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by drakebasher

I can't believe you actually posted that link :o
    You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.