Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a bluetooth gps how ever every time i try to connect to the device i get a permsision denied. I know the bluetooth gps requires a pin from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

bluetooth woes

I have a bluetooth gps how ever every time i try to connect to the device i get a permsision denied. I know the bluetooth gps requires a pin from the computer. Im wondering how would i provide the rfcomm with a pin to use for the pairing?
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis

Are you using KBluetoothd? I find it manages all of my requests for PINs. Bluepincat is the application that manages the requests, but it should be managed by Kbluetooth really so it is called with the SID of the device.

Linux User
    gnome user. im using the core bluez utilities in the cli
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis

Just Joined!

Sctipt

The following is an excerpt from http://www.teaparty.net/technotes/blue-gprs.html which I found very usefull when getting mine to work (though it still doesnt work for other reasons).
    "

Examining the /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf file revealed a line of code defining a "pin helper", which when i ran it gave a GTK error. Assuming this might be breaking things, I replaced it with a small script /etc/bluetooth/bluepin (and declared that in hcid.conf, restarting hcid), which said simply

#!/bin/bash
    echo "PIN:00"

"

Replace 00 with whatever you want your pin to be.

Also if you had that phone paired with the same bluetooth dongle/radio in windows, try deleting it from your phones paired list. I had to both.