Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using RH 7.2 (KDE) on integrated SiS 7012 sound chipset and after an extensive search actually found the linux audio drivers. After more fustration, I finally got them to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Chipmunks!

I'm using RH 7.2 (KDE) on integrated SiS 7012 sound chipset and after an extensive search actually found the linux audio drivers. After more fustration, I finally got them to complie.

Aside from sound not working in some games (Q3, Chrominum), it works when it comes playing mp3's. However, it's playing a bit fast. I would prefer if Serj Tankian didn't sound a bit like Alvin the chipmunk mmmk?

Another problems arise, and that is after playing after a while the audio starts to distort (and slow down)

I get the same result using Winamp 3 alpha or Noatun.

I'm guessing just crappy drivers?

I played around with the Soundserver settings. I put it too high and winamp/noa reads the mp3, but no sound comes out. The higher settings sometimes do the same thing, but some don't. Usually the lower ones allow it to play, but again, too fast :/

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Maybe a certain Sound Server Setting?

thanks

Edit: Nevermind, I looked at the bottom of the soundserver configuration and it said if i'm using a Yamaha card, to set the sampling rate to 48000. I didn't have a Yamaha card but I figured it would be worth a shot...AND IT WORKED! (so far anyways)

Gotta go to class, cya later

Linux User
    problems that fix themselves are great

If only I had more of those at work...
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.