Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to run the Jedi Academy server off a redhat 9 server, but theres a problem. its starting up with"Opening IP socket: localhost:29070" So noone can find it, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Rex
    Just Joined!

Jedi Academy Server

I am trying to run the Jedi Academy server off a redhat 9 server, but theres a problem. its starting up with"Opening IP socket: localhost:29070" So noone can find it, not even me inside the lan. How can i change that?

Linux Engineer
    I have never heard of anything called Jedi academy server, but it must have some kind of configuration file or something...
    Regards

Andutt

Rex
    Just Joined!
    lol, its a game server, like HLDS? the infamous counter-strike? its similar. and although yes it does have a server.cfg, that really doesn't have anything to do with it. I'm looking for a command to add to the target line to get it to open a different IP socket than localhost. Thanks

Linux Engineer
    Then you have to check if you binary have support for inarguments/parameters if it havent this is probably hardcoded or set in some configuration file.
    Regards

Andutt

Rex
    Just Joined!
    i realize its part of the binary target line..lol, thats why im asking..if anyone KNOWS what i would put..cause ive tried lots of things, and nothing works

Just Joined!
    it is based on the q3 engine to bind to a specific ip use +set net_ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in the command line xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx being the external ip.

+set dedicated 2 will boradcast the server to lan and net.