Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have on my master hd w2k and redhat9.0. I opted not to install the boot loader (GRUB) when installing the rh9 os. I just used the boot disk that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

booting to linux without a boot loader or boot disk

I have on my master hd w2k and redhat9.0. I opted not to install the boot loader (GRUB) when installing the rh9 os. I just used the boot disk that I made. Well, now I don't have the boot disk, I lost it somewhere, go figure. Anyway. I'm having one hell of a time finding a way to get back to rh9.

Linux User
    Have you tried rebooting with the install cd and seeing if there's a way to make the boot disk again without going through the install? The only other thing I can think of is to make a GRUB boot disk and use that to boot into RH. Here's a GRUB boot floppy image: http://www.dolda2000.cjb.net/~fredrik/grub.img

Linux Engineer
    i know that with suse you can boot with the instalatiin cd and select "boot installed os" then it is perfectly possible to restore the boot loader with whatever config tools redhat comes with!

Linux Engineer
    You can always boot on the Redhat cd into rescue mode and create a floppy with mkbootdisk or rewrite mbr with grub to reinitialize you bootloader.
    Regards

Andutt