Find the answer to your Linux question:
I got Vector SOHO edition to work on my machine, and was very surprised after my absolutely horrendous experience with Vector standard. It's a very good distribution, actually. But I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Some Vector Problems...

I got Vector SOHO edition to work on my machine, and was very surprised after my absolutely horrendous experience with Vector standard. It's a very good distribution, actually. But I do have a problem with it, involving boot time. Whenever I start Vector, it either
    1.) Says "checking BIOS setup entries" (or something like that) and reboots
    2.) Says "checking BIOS setup entries" and freezes
    3.) Says "checking BIOS setup entries" and then says "unable to load kernel" (or something of that nature) and freezes
    4.) Starts Vector as it should.
    All of these just seem to occur randomly. So I have a roughly 1/4 chance that Vector will actually start for me.
    Also, I'm wondering how I edit the boot loader entries. I edited lilo.conf to my heart's content but at boot LILO just has the same old stuff.

Did you remember to run lilo after you made the changes to your lilo.conf? Unlike GRUB, you have to run lilo to solidify the changes. As root, run:
    Code:
    /sbin/lilo
    Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.