Find the answer to your Linux question:
i want all the gurus to comment their ideas on this new development of redhat seprating from desktop linux and giving it to fedora. it would help us if the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

for linuxforums.org GURUS [redhat and fedora thing]

i want all the gurus to comment their ideas on this new development of redhat seprating from desktop linux and giving it to fedora.

it would help us if the gurus tell a bit in detail about the advantages and disadvantages of redhat's desktop linux taken over by fedora

and also what is the best distro to use if a person's profession is geared towards network administration.

[ i personally would luvvvv to use debian, but just because it is sooo hard to bring up X by using proper video driver and to initialize the sound server, in most cases that scares me ].

Linux Engineer
    Redhat did that to save money and to focus on their enterprise edition. I run gentoo on my work laptop.

Linux Engineer
    I have always recommend Redhat before for both server and client use. It will be fun to see what Fedora does with it, it might be good maybe. I use Redhat 9 and Gentoo for Desktop use now days.

If you are talking about enterprise use of desktops on your work maybe, i would recommend a dist that you arelready running somewhere so that you have the same dist everywhere. That helps alot when making patchbundles and creating programs to do this automaticly for example a internal up2date-service.

So for example at my work we are using redhat on our servers and redhat 9 on clients. Its much simplier for the administrator.
    Regards

Andutt

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close