Find the answer to your Linux question:
i know it would be an outragous security hole, but wouldnt it be awesome to have a CGI bash terminal? mobile terminal so one could admin his/her server or whatever ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

CGI bash terminal

i know it would be an outragous security hole, but wouldnt it be awesome to have a CGI bash terminal?
    mobile terminal so one could admin his/her server or whatever from anywhere.
    has it been done? where could i get the app? if its not made yet, how hard would it be?
    -tuxxman

How different is that then SSHing into your box???

On any computer, anywhere I go, if I want to get a terminal on my box, I either SSH into it (which is pretty common to be found on any linux box) or download a small app called puTTY.exe (for windows). Then, as long as you have a PC with an internet connection, you can get just that...
    Join the Open Source Revolution. Support GNU/Linux.

Find me at: www.deeksworld.com
    Registered GNU/Linux User #395777

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by deek
    How different is that then SSHing into your box???

On any computer, anywhere I go, if I want to get a terminal on my box, I either SSH into it (which is pretty common to be found on any linux box) or download a small app called puTTY.exe (for windows). Then, as long as you have a PC with an internet connection, you can get just that...
    I agree with deek. In fact, there are Java SSH clilent applets (like MindTerm) that you can put on your website instead of a CGI script, if you insist on using it in a web browser.

Just Joined!
    yeah, the java thing would be cool
    thanks guys
    -tuxxman