Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was wanting to know if there is a way for me to record from my speakers and from my mic at the same time. I know you can use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

audio help

I was wanting to know if there is a way for me to record from my speakers and from my mic at the same time. I know you can use audio hijack on the MAC. Is there is program that will do the same thing for Linux or windows.

Linux Newbie
    What do you mean from your speakers??? they are an output!

If you want to record basically from all input sources, try a mixer like QAMix, which has a "Mix" capture device which I believe will let you record what you hear through your speakers and what ever is going in to your microphone...

Of course, it might also depend on your soundcard, but you should be ok....

Actually, you can (in theory) use the speakers as a microphone, though I'd never think of this being really usefull? I've just played around with Audiacity, which you could check out, though I don't know if it can do what you say (the problem here being the 'same time'). Check out this site, you might find something:
    http://linux-sound.org/snded.html

Might I ask why you need this?
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I think you all have misunderstood him. The program he speaks of "audio hijack" for Mac OS X, basically forks audio output from the computer to the speakers, and to a AIFF file. So maybe it would just be a modification to ALSA/OSS/[insert sound server here] or some extra layer on top of it to duplicate the effect.
    Nothing is worse than ten penguins fighting over which is better, vi or emacs.
    Registered Linux User #404402
    Finally I'm back on LF after a long while.

I'm not sure I quite understand, you're running something which also produces audio and you want to both listen to it (on your speakers) and record it onto your computer (as a aiff file, but I'd think any audio file would do, no?). Perhaps JACK is what you are looking for?

http://jackit.sourceforge.net/
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefann
    I think you all have misunderstood him. The program he speaks of "audio hijack" for Mac OS X, basically forks audio output from the computer to the speakers, and to a AIFF file. So maybe it would just be a modification to ALSA/OSS/[insert sound server here] or some extra layer on top of it to duplicate the effect.
    yes i mean something like audio hijack. Only for Linux or windows

Just Joined!
    does anybody know of such a program???