Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Forget it. I know what the message means. I just was certain that it was the same disk that I first installed with....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Forget it. I know what the message means. I just was certain that it was the same disk that I first installed with.

Linux Enthusiast
    I really hope that ndiswrapper helps, because linux is a very, very good OS.

what i don't get is why people ask how to install WINDOWS on a LINUX forum. you are just asking to be flamed. lucky for you this forum is ruled by the iron fist of techiemoe

IMO, you should try that ndiswrapper thing (i'm going to need it too when i get a lappy for xmas ), it's much better than resorting to windows *shudder*
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    If as you said the disc is the same one you used to previously install a 32-bit version of MS Windows on your 32-bit laptop, a black hole has apparently opened in the space/time continuum and someone has switched your XP disc with an XP64 disc.
    Or Microsoft just f**ked up when they were writing the software to the disk. And we all know Microsoft *never* messes anything up, right?
    There's still no reason you should be getting this message on your system...
    I think there's a mess-up somewhere here, maybe when they were manufacturing it. ask for your money back and get a different copy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2