Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have recently installed fluxbox on my fedora 4 box and having a problem with making the themes work. The themes them selves seem to work I mean the title ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

fluxbox

I have recently installed fluxbox on my fedora 4 box and having a problem with making the themes work. The themes them selves seem to work I mean the title bars seem to change but the background images do not work. I made sure that the style knows where the image is located which is /home/name/.fluxbox/backgrounds but the image does not display. I tryed several themes with different images but they also do not work. I modified the init file and it too knows where the background images are but they just will not display. If someone can I would appreicate it thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    If you are using fluxbox 0.9.14, they've renamed bsetroot to fbsetroot so that might be the problem. Try using fbsetroot to set the background.

Just Joined!

fluxbox

I have change bsetroot to fbsetroot, but that did not fix the problem. Secondly, what do the rootcommand: before fbsetbg mean? Also, what is the switch -f mean? Does that mean that I have to be root? I put a new line without rootcommand in but that still did not work.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close