Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just recently switched from windows to linux and am having trouble only with my sound card. I am running an asus a7n8x deluxe MB and linux reads the sound ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

sound card help pleaze

I just recently switched from windows to linux and am having trouble only with my sound card. I am running an asus a7n8x deluxe MB and linux reads the sound card as being the nforce2 ac97 which im pretty sure is correct. I installed the "linux" driver that came with my MB and things seemed to go well during setup. I am using gaim and all those sounds work...when i use the sound testers in linux all of them play sound....but when i try to play mp3's or games or anthing like that it wont play them. So i used Setup and went to configuration but it said it was only supporting legacy cards and that mine wasnt supported. I could use any help out there. I havnt truely checked the HCL for my card, but im sure it is supported if it is playing some sounds.

Just Joined!
    If you've had sounds working in any application, the problem probably isn't with the kernel or drivers.

What application are you trying to listen to MP3s in?
    Maybe an obvious question, but is your MP3 program's volume turned up?