Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, I saw on distrowatch that topologilinux ver. 6.0 was released. I am interested in the distro, cause I am a newbie and the fact that with this distro, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

request for a review~ topologilinux 6.0

Hey guys,

I saw on distrowatch that topologilinux ver. 6.0 was released. I am interested in the distro, cause I am a newbie and the fact that with this distro, you dont need any partitioning. However I read the review for ver. 5.0. it got a bit of a
    slap in the face . I'm wondering if anyone could comment on topologilinux 6.0, or even write a review of somesort...

Cheers,

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tux~ View Post
    Hey guys,

I saw on distrowatch that topologilinux ver. 6.0 was released. I am interested in the distro, cause I am a newbie and the fact that with this distro, you dont need any partitioning. However I read the review for ver. 5.0. it got a bit of a
    slap in the face . I'm wondering if anyone could comment on topologilinux 6.0, or even write a review of somesort...

Cheers,

I am sorry this is not in direct relation to the prior post, but I could not find the correct forum for what I am looking for. I really like how Topologilinux runs on top of Windows, best of both worlds, well at least the best on top of, ???? .. Anyway, after installing Topologilinux, I as finding it had to add any additional applications. The problem is not having a decent Package Manager. Using rpm is find, but does not handle dependicies. Does anyone have any suggestions for a package manager for this distro?

Thanks.

JimS