Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I recently bought a new hard drive and wanted a clean install for it, so I partitioned, copied my old home directory to the partition where it would be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Backing up and compatibility of personal config files

Hey,

I recently bought a new hard drive and wanted a clean install for it, so I partitioned, copied my old home directory to the partition where it would be stored from now.

However, despite how I assumed the contrary, none of hidden files had transferred, now I've solved this but I have another problem.

Like most people, I have a set of bookmarks and due to my primary browser being Firefox they're all in Firefox, however, when I run any other browser (i.e. Lynx, Konquerer) these bookmarks are not carried over which I can understand why. What I am looking for though is a method or application which will enable me to have compatibility amongst my favourite browsers in terms of my bookmarks, any ideas?

Thanks in Advance
    Tom

you could try (when firefox is open)

bookmarks ->manage bookmarks from there click on file->export & export them to a file

then import them in your browser of choice

andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

You might look at this application.
    Or you could just export your bookmarks to your desktop and access them from there.

Ooops ... a dual post.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso